Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Priorities

My family has never been able to maintain a spotless spic and span house. I don't believe we're filthy and I have already admitted a tendency towards packratism, so I am currently choosing to explain it as grossly organized. My mom always had a sign hanging up over her desk at work that read something like "If you don't understand the mess you don't understand the situation." Well, she had it until her papers stacked up high enough to cover it.

The latest in a seemingly never ending list of examples comes from a text message my mom sent to me today.

"My garage looks funny," it read.

I replied with the obligatory "Why?"

"Because there is a car in it."

I turned to my co-worker and told him, "'How did the car get in the garage?' shouldn't be a question I am afraid to ask."

The garage at my mom's house is full. There are tables, recliners, boxes, tools, bikes with flats, bikes without flats (no tires), cinder blocks, Christmas decorations, a freezer, a fridge, and spiders - lots of conniving spiders. But most definitely no cars - let alone room for cars, hence my apprehension.

I did ask and she explained. Her new car was afraid of the impending softball size hail and ran for cover. Later that day I stopped by and I must say I was a tad impressed to see how well it fit. I don't think she had to dislodge too many things. But she was right, it did look weird.

So, to sum up this entry = My family: not organized and tidy. Cars: look unnatural in the garage at my mom's house.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lilly. You're so s...ss...s...seemingly cluttered based on what you say in your blog.

    ReplyDelete