Monday, December 21, 2009

Broken Promise and the Cleansing of Demons

If memory serves me correctly I may have made a promise about a new post each day for the rest of the year and pretty shortly after that promise I missed a post. OK, so it was the next day. Let me explain.

For the past month every member of my family has been sick with one thing or the other. There have been: Ear infections, vomiting, fevers, eye infections and pink eye, coughing, oozing, upper respiratory infections, more snot than you can shake a stick at, shivers, shakes, congestion and so on.

I have used two bottles of Lysol, washed my hands raw, avoided touching my eyes for two days, washed all the laundry in the house twice and am getting ready to do it again.

My house needs cleaning. We haven't done much in the last week, and the trash is piling up because we didn't get it to the curb last week. Trash day was in the middle of the vomiting fit. So, now I have a whole house to clean and no where to put the trash. Sigh.

When I am done with this post and have restocked my supplies I am going to start on a ritualistic cleansing of the house - kind of like when ghost hunters force a dark entity from a home - going room to room cleaning and disinfecting til it's done.

Anyway, when I made the everyday post promise I was clearly in a highly delusional state caused by being surrounded by sickness and not being able to escape. Now I can escape. I will still do my best to fulfill my oath. But we may just get to four posts for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment